Sunday 13 February 2011

New Year... New Beginning

I decided at the start of 2011 that I would keep a blog of my birding year.  Not really sure what to expect of it, if I'll sustain it, but why not give it a go?  I like to record my observations in the form of sketches, and paintings too, if I have time.  Fieldsketches are just that, a personal expression of what I've seen in the field.  It's more important to record your impression of what you're seeing than make it perfect.  So there'll be quite a lot of unfinished pictures on here where the bird has flown off, and pictures that are wrong too.  If you are not prepared to make mistakes you won't be able to learn from them.  Drawing your subject from life is the best way to understand your subject and to get a feel for what it really looks like.  The sketchbook needs to be an honest expression of what you are seeing.

The first few pics are from the end of 2010.









No comments:

Post a Comment